When the Mightier app can’t read a player’s heart rate, you’ll see an onscreen message that it’s trying to connect. This can happen at the beginning of a play session or anytime during play.
Common causes for connection issues are low battery levels and the way the heart sensor is being worn.
- Try charging the sensor.
- Also, make sure it's worn snugly on the non-dominant forearm or bicep, away from the wrist and elbow. Watch this short video with tips for wearing and adjusting the heart sensor.
If that doesn’t help, try each of the following (one at a time):
- Turn off the heart sensor by holding the power button down for about 5 seconds. Then turn it back on.
- If that doesn’t work, turn the heart sensor off and then turn off the tablet by holding the power button. Fully reboot the tablet, then turn your heart sensor back on.
- Reset the Bluetooth connection. If you're using a tablet you received from us:
- Swipe down from the top edge of the screen and tap the Bluetooth symbol (the angular letter B).
- Hold down the Power button for 15 seconds to fully reboot the device.
- Once the tablet turns back on, swipe down from the top edge of the screen and tap the Bluetooth symbol again; make sure it's lit.
If you've gone through these steps and are still facing issues, reach out to the Family Care Team. Our experts will be happy to help.