Are you still using the original Samsung Galaxy-based Mightier app? Looking to upgrade to the Google Play Store App? We have written step-by-step instructions for you below as well as a video made by our Tech Support and Quality Assurance, Brian Cheney.
- Make sure you are connected to Wifi.
Open Mightier and go to the screen in which you select a player
On the bottom right of the screen is the settings icon (shaped like a gear), click on that and select “sync data”.
Once data is Synced, exit the application by hitting the home button (oval button on the bottom center of the tablet).
Enabling Google Play:
Hit the home button on your Galaxy Tab A, then tap the following: “Apps” -> “Settings” -> Applications” -> “Application Manager” this will open a screen that will look similar to this:
- Use your finger to swipe from the right side of the tablet to the left, this will transition you from the “Downloaded” page to the “SD Card” page. Keep swiping from right to left until you get to the “Disabled” page.
- Tap on “Google Play Store” and then click the “enable” button
- Note: if you see the option to "disable", that means you are all set and simply need to follow the steps below
- Now that Google Play is enabled, you will be able to find it from the Apps screen. Hit the home button, then tap on “Apps” and you will see that Google Play store is now an app on this page.
- Open Google Play, and login with your Google Play Username and password. If you don’t have an account for Google Play, click on “or create a new account” and follow the steps that the Play Store instructs.
- Once logged in, tap the search bar at the top of the play store, and type in “Mightier”, then hit the magnifying glass to search.
- Tap on the Mightier icon, and click “install”
- Remove the old Mightier app to avoid confusion. You can check to see that you’re in the older version by looking at the settings gear in the app, and seeing if there is a “force downloads” button. This only appears in that older version!
- To uninstall an app - press the home button to get to the home screen --> tap the apps button --> then long press down on the app you'd like to uninstall.
- You can then drag it up to the trashcan that says "uninstall". If the trashcan says "remove" that means you're deleting the shortcut, and not uninstalling the app.
- OR you can also check by going to Home - > apps -> settings - > applications -> application manager. Looking at the "downloaded" tab, the old (Non-Google Play) version of Mightier will be much larger in size. Version 1.0.24 on the Non-Google Play version is ~292MB. The Google Play version is ~37MB. You can tap on the larger app on this screen and select uninstall.