We sometimes hear from families that they have forgotten the PIN on their Android tablet. If this happens to you, we recommend factory resetting your tablet to reset the PIN. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn the tablet off by pressing the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously, and holding them for 15 seconds. Let go of these buttons as soon as you see something on the screen.
- Select Boot Mode should appear onscreen. Use the Volume Up button to navigate so the arrow points to Recovery Mode. Select Recovery Mode by pressing the Volume Down button.
- The blue Mightier loading screen will appear briefly, and then the Android Recovery menu will display onscreen. Use the Volume Down button to navigate downward to Wipe data/factory reset. Press the Power button to select, confirm that you want to erase everything, then press Power again.
- Once "Data wipe complete" appears near the bottom of the screen, choose “Reboot system now” from the top of the menu and press the Power button. The tablet will take longer than usual to reboot, but eventually, the Android setup screens will display beginning with language selection.
- During the Android setup process, when you are asked for a PIN, you can bypass it using the Gmail address you used to set up the tablet and its password.
Need more help? Just reach out to the Family Care Team and we’ll walk you through this process.