To turn off the heart sensor, press and hold the top button for 5-7 seconds. Once a solid red light becomes visible you can release the button. The sensor will power itself off a few seconds later. When powered down, all lights on the sensor - both top and bottom - will be off.
Still having trouble?
- Sometimes our families have trouble turning the heart sensor off because they are holding the button for too long. If you hold it longer than 5 to 7 seconds, it won't turn off.
- Sometimes, the heart sensor gets turned back on while trying to turn it off, so make sure to keep pressure until a solid red light becomes visible.
- If these steps don’t work, you can "reset" the heart sensor's on/off switch by connecting it to the charger for 20 seconds:
- Attach the heart sensor to the charging base
- Connect the USB to a wall charger or your computer
- A red flashing LED indicates that the unit is charging
- Remove the charging base as shown below (image B) after 20 seconds. These steps will reset the processor in the heart sensor and restore normal functionality to the power on/off button.
If you've gone through these steps and are still facing issues, reach out to the Family Care Team. Our experts would be happy to help.